Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"LOVE" Door Hanger

Here is my Valentines door hanger. I just finished it up today!


I had a hard time coming up with something that was not already on the web or in stores.  I created a challenge for myself. What could I create that was simple, beautiful, and different? Also, what do I already have at home to make it for FREE!

I had cardboard form a diaper box, red paint, red knit jersey fabric, red/white gingham fabric, and moss.

Here is what I came up with. I "LOVE" it!




I started by cutting out letters from the cardboard box and painted them red.



While the paint dried I cut 1 inch strips of red fabric. I then gathered the fabric to make ruffles by using a wide strait stitch down the center.


I just used my hot glue gun to adhere the ruffles to the letters.


Using cardboard again, I cut out a heart shape to make the "O" in LOVE. I just hot glued the moss on.


I made 1 inch bias tape out of the red and white gingham fabric to use as a bow and string the letters together.


 Challenge complete!



giveaways IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only complete, but it looks awesome. Nice work on that challenge!

Amber said...

Thanks!!!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

oh I love it! def. making one for my door!!!

Alexis said...

Great job! It is darling

LakshmiRP said...

I love it. I made similar ruffles very recently on my Pongal Dress sleeves give me nostalgia, albeit they were in Purple.

Mama Brown said...

So beautiful! I'm totally making this!

Stuff by Ash said...

Looks gorgeous! Love that it was simple and inexpensive!!

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful and colorful - just my style. I might even steal that idea :)

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

Saw this on Somewhat Simple--the picture doesn't do it justice! What a cool idea!! It looks great!

The Loops said...

This looks great! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow back!

http://theloops13.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

SOOOOO CUTE! i made one too thanks to you :)

http://jarenandkathryngilbert.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-door-hanging.html

Amanda said...

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) You can see the feature here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-crafty-valentine-ideas/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

This is beautiful! I love the moss. I featured your project on my site to share with my readers. Please stop by and check it out.
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

I love this! And the wee girl is going to love it even more! It is so sweet, yet so simple. We can easily get this done in a day! Thanks for sharing!

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
fila
supreme
jordan 12
kd 11 shoes
canada goose jacket
michael kors purses
hermes belt
adidas stan smith shoes
nmd

mestere said...

review aaa replica bags view publisher site dolabuy louis vuitton here Check This Out

touthil said...

a9x58c7a06 c6e80k5c09 c0c67x5i32 y8r49w9a78 d4r02t7n87 o8s90l6c57